nonstopa

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Baltimore Photographer Get Noticed By Beyoncè, Rihanna.

 A 26-year-old photographer from Baltimore woke up to a surprise on Twitter last Thursday, April 28. When he checked his feed, He discovered that TIME had used one of his many photographs from the city’s Freddie Gray protests for its cover. He said “I had about 10,000 followers on Instagram and about 5,000 on Twitter,” So I was like, ’I’ma just promote what I see, whether bad, good.’ So, I took the pictures, posted them and a couple pictures went viral.”


Rihanna, DJ Drama, and King Los were among those who posted his black and white photographs on social media as Baltimore’s unrest unfolded. Eventually, TIME took notice. After the cover dropped, Beyoncè, Erykah Badu and SZA shared his work on their own social media platforms. The response was overwhelming.

0 Leave a comment:

Post a Comment